View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 automatic
When I bought my E39, still under warranty, the dealer printed out the entire service history for me, and just handed it to me, without redacting anything.

The codes you get on that printout are shown here:
- BMW_Service_History_Explanation_of_Dealer_Defect_C odes.pdf

But, I never did remove the rear seat so I assume the original options list is still hiding there.

To help the OP gather information from what he has available, I typed /dealer service record F3 in the bestlinks which came up with this:
- BMW 10-character vehicle defect code lookup tool for dealer service records (1) & how to better understand your 17-character BMW VIN (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) and online BMW VIN decoders (0) (1) (2) (3) (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelonetwo View Post
What priority would give cooling system serviced?
See this thread for why it should be #1 on your list:
- Pictorial look at typical E39 cooling system failure modes (1)

See also when it was last replaced:
- Cooling system date stickers & radiator date codes & markings (1) (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelonetwo View Post
$200 is in line with what I thought they would cost.
To help with key information, I typed /key F3 into the bestinks to find this for the OP:
- A description of the various types of BMW Remote, Illuminated, Spare/Wallet, & Valet/Service keys (1) (2) & a list of diamond key EWS, FZV, & DWA functions (1) (2) & all about the 10-key limit to programming your own keys at home (1) & a description of the ignition key ISN (individual serial number) ten-second rule (1) & what to do if you lost your only diamond key (1) or what to do if your BMW key was stolen (1)