View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 AM
BMW Platinum VisaŽ Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfh View Post
When you say "switch on the fly", are you talking about switching from Sport to Sport+ to Comfort? Are these settings associated only with the Adaptive M, and not available without them? That's another thing I haven't been able to determine yet.
In a car without Adaptive M Suspension, hitting the switch from Comfort to Sport changes the transmission timing and throttle response, and adjusts the steering weight.

In a car with Adaptive M Suspension, hitting the switch from Comfort to Sport does all of those things as well as physically changing the suspension with electronically controlled dampers which makes the ride firmer or softer as well.

Many debate the reason for the feature, I look at it this way: It's the "wife" button. If you get a Sport line and have a wife that finds it uncomfortable you can hit a button and soften the ride as if you'd bought a Luxury/Modern/No-line car. Similarly, if you get a Luxury line for the sake of your wife but want to morph it into a tighter ride when she's not around you can hit a button and firm up the ride as if you'd bought a Sport line car.

For $900 you don't have to decide between a Sport line and a Luxury/Modern/No-line suspension; you can have both at the same time in the same car.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | Dynamic Handling Package | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Ash Grain | Park Assist | Adaptive M | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House