View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
What kind of information were you hoping the car would store?

- I know the power module stores the condition of the car battery over the previous 5 days. It also recorders the percentage charge the battery had in the five journeys recently completed. It also stores the number of kms & the date since the last time the battery was changed, assuming it is registered properly.

- The SMG module stores the number of times launch control is used (M6).

- Adaptations are stored for engine & gearbox

- Details of the five previous journeys like number of km travelled & average speed also stored

- The heating, locks, radio, seats & steering wheel remember settings for the different keys used with the car.

- The current state of all the service items is stored with estimated percentage of life left till the next replacement date

- The vehicle build (VO) is stored in the CAS & LMA modules (in both in case one fails). The VO is a list of all the options in the car

- Each model is coded according the the market it is sold in & is model specific coded where the same module is used in multiple cars.

- The airbag module stores cash data in the event of a cash, what was deployed when, what speed was, etc.

There's probably lots more information remembered across multiple modules but there's no central place for it all.