View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM

Mein Auto: 98 LS-VTec Honda Civic
Update: 12.07.12

Sorry it's taken so long guys! Been busy with Christmas shopping!

OK so who's ready for up dates!?

We finally got the motor out!!! I did a final inspection of the harness and lines that run across the motor and go the drive shaft and exhaust off. The exhaust by the way is an easy 120 lbs!!! Sooo heavy!!! And i found a few interesting things on the car I'd like to show you guys!!

So here we go with some pictures!!

This was my view for 2 days

Here's the exhaust... not where we dropped it from... We had originally planned to drop it from here but that didnt go so well sense the exhaust welded itself from heat here... So we ended up taking it off the back side of the Turbo...

Here's the plate that covers the fuel lines...

Here's the drive shaft hiding behind the exhaust and exhaust heat shield...

Here's a better picture of the Trans bolt to put it into neutral...

We had to unplug both O2 sensors to drop the exhaust here's the plugs for both of them... They are located on top of the valve cover.

Here's a top view looking down at the turbo from where we unhooked the exhaust.

Bottom view... We took the O2 sensor out to get the exhaust out easier...

Here's the exhaust out... It all one solid piece! So if you need to buy an exhaust for this thing... that going to be $$$$$$$!!

Now that the Exhaust and heat shields were out of the way it was time to take the drive shaft out...

When i was looking at the drive shaft i noticed something above the drive shaft. It looked like an access panel to the interior... then i started thinking... do they make an X3 in a stick?? This looks like a cut out for a stick shift... what do you guys think??

So i marked the drive shaft in 2 places to line it up in case it was balanced a certain way...

Found the Air Conditioning drainage tube above the trans as well...

My views...

Drive shaft unbolted... You also have to unbolt the 2 bolts back a little bit the free it up and give you some playing room to slip it out...

Sense we dropped all the front suspension with the cradle i had to disconnect all the suspension wiring harnesses in the wheel wells and unbolted the calipers so we wouldn't have to mess with bleeding the brakes sense you have to do it all with a computer now...

Now that we did one last final inspection and made sure we were all clear we unbolted the struts and cradle bolts and slid our pallet jack with a skid and some wood under it and slowly set it down on the wood and raised the car up and we slid the motor out...

These are pinch weld rollers we bolted to the car wo we can move it onto the frame rack again to section the frame rails...

I'm Shocked at how long that trans. and transfer case is!!

That's all i have so far! I'll post pictures up as theyre rebuilding it and when i put the motor back in!! Thanks again guys!!