View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 s28i X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodW View Post
The fact that some buyers have been compensated and others have not pisses me off as much as being screwed out of the paddles in the first place. My CA assured me BMW would offer no cash compensation for the car missing a "free" option. I ended up with three years of complimentary Concierge Service for my trouble. Still not satisfied, I contacted BMW directly by phone and my "comments were noted". I was expecting a return call from somebody of authority. It never came. I then sent a follow-up email explaining further frustration after I discovered some owners were receiving cash. That email was met with a generic response thanking me for my feedback. Seriously? That's all I'm entitled to?

To say that I'm disgusted is an understatement. BMW's lack of customer service has tainted what should have been an enjoyable experience for me. As a result, my first BMW may very well be my last.
Part of (or maybe most of) the compensation I think came from my argument regarding the iDrive. When we ordered the car in July, the downloadable standard features and options PDF listed all models as having iDrive. Shortly after our order went in, a revised PDF came out with the info deleted. I provided them with the original PDF that was in effect. So maybe the compensation came because of that? Or maybe I was the one to really alert them to the ordering issues with the paddle shifters, because they changed the system a few weeks later? who knows, but there were definitely multiple factors in my argument. I still wish my car had the shifters but the compensation helped.