I quit posting some time back. But your post brings back some memories. Here's my experience with a 2011 X5 35D (too delivery late May 2010 - you can look for my posts)
1. 09 Jun 2010: Trunk lid will not close. Mileage ~230. Dealer replaced trunk lid lock
2. 21 Apr 2011: CEL on. Mileage 5700. Error codes 4D16, 480A. Diagnosis/work says "performed DEF regeneration by driving. They basically cleared the codes and gave back to me.
3. 28 Apr 2011: CEL on again along with low DEF warning. Mileage ~5800. Error codes 4D16, 4BD3. Replaced DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter), Exhaust Manifold, SCR Catalytic converter. Refilled with DEF.
4. 18 May 2011: CEL on again along with low DEF warning. Mileage ~6300. Error code 4D16. Catalytic converter permanent malfunction. R&R Catalytic converter.
5. 21 May 2012: CEL on. Mileage ~13500. Replaced charge air sensor, EGR valve (campaign).
6. CEL returned after 30 miles from dealer. Wrote letter to BMW NA.
7. 21 Nov 2012: Wrote letter to BMW NA, CMRRR
8. 07 Dec 2012: Mileage 20000. BMW NA sent Regional tech rep. Dropped off car today. As per write-up, SCR Mixer, Reprogramming and Bolt replacement to be carried out. SA called a few minutes ago and mentioned that they have to replace the NOX sensors as well.
Already consulted/retained a lemon law attorney and that process is already under way.
Ordered my first BMW Apr 04, 2010
2011 X5 XDrive 35d, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Oyster Nevada Interior