View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:35 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
That Martini one is awesome. Flyin' Miata does some awesome stuff. If I had more money than I knew what to do with I'd write them a check for one of their turn-key LS1 builds.

How far/often do you drive? You can do a hell of a lot more with a Miata than a BMW with the same budget. The reason I sold mine was because I rarely had a chance to just go womp on it, and it was just a cramped, wobbly mess on the interstate.

However, if I didn't drive on a daily basis or was still in school and had lots of time and could use other means of transportation, a turbo miata is about the best bang for your buck for performance. The kit for the 1.8 is like $2500.
I drive 44 miles to school and back every day. My drive is mostly twisty mount road that would fun in a Miata. Then when it is above 60f I always have my windows and sunroof down, so have a convertible would be perfect for that. The only thing stopping me is that I would have to sell my BMW to get a Miata. Sell my BMW would simply be a nightmare. I drive my BMW almost every day so after I sold it I would have to get ride everywhere. This could go on for months as I look for a Miata. Also I have a lot of time and money invested in my BMW so I not really looking forward to selling it.
Honestly, I think my best bet is to get a part time job and start saving. Then in the spring start looking and see what comes up. That way I would not have to sell the BMW and I could have a Miata as a second car. Witch would come in handy when I need to take the BMW apart for more than two day.

“We got about ten minutes before this entire county is up in flames. If you want to live, you’d better step on the gas! Oh wait is this a Tesla? Sh!t! Well, step on the prissy pedal, we're going to die!” – Cartman