View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by boramkiv View Post
The ATS may very well be the best all around entry level sport sedan, but what PISSES me off about GM is that they always leave their vehicles less than perfect. That CUE is going to be devastating. It's a very laggy touchscreen system thats already behind the curve even before its fully available. I't like they've been focused on BMW's dynamics so hard that they completely missed Ford's Sync system and how bad the ratings were on it.

The competition already has instrument cluster-level infotainment screens without touch screen, but GM decided not to do the same. I hope this car delivers because just like Sync, that CUE system will keep it from being perfect. Touch screens (in vehicles) are a thing of the past especially since top manufactures are now elevating them to keep them at eye level.
At a local upscale mall, Cadillac is showing both an XTS and an ATS with the 3.6L -- the latter is supposed to be a direct competitor of my 335i.

While I didn't drive the car (obviously), I did get to sit in it and play with CUE.

The press has been easy on it, even though they've been savaging it. For me, the most disappointing thing about CUE is that the lower section of controls (the part with the power and volume controls) actually flexes 1/4 of an inch every time you press a control. I couldn't believe it did this -- but the XTS also displayed the same behavior.

The Caddy attendant confirmed this was be design.

It completely ruins any perception of quality -- it feels just like the switchgear in a late 90s Chevy Beretta. I am amazed that GM would design a car with "flexing" control panels given that they are trying to restore their reputation for quality. It feels weird, looks weird and it totally out of place in a $50K car.
Redelivered: 2012-09-12