View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: LCI 550i Msport
Something i noticed today that could be one of the reasons my car keeps telling me that Increased battery discharge warning....

My car has comfort access and i find that my remote has a unusually long range compared to any other car I've had before. I park my car behind my condo and I am on the 3 floor.....I usually leave my car keys in my room or my office. I could walk half way through my condo and still be able to lock and unlock my car. I never could have done that with my old E90 which also had comfort access. I think when the key is within range of the car it prevents the ecu to go to sleep completely? The only reason i suspect this is because when I asked my bmw tech buddy about my car and one of the first things he asked me was do i keep my keys in the car.

I am going to keep both my keys on the opposite end of my condo or place them inside a metal box to see if it does anything.

Alan

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Kidney Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler | BMW Performance Gloss Black Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer Springs | MORR VS8.2 Brushed Finished Wheels 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires 245/35/20F 285/30/20R | M550d 16mm RSB |||More Photos of my car here|||