View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Code/wrench Monkey

Mein Auto: Miata NC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ismagic# View Post
Ask yourself this question: How much did your home stereo speakers cost? If it is less than what the HK costs then you shouldn't get it.
My home stereo speakers cost more than the BMW HK and I would not pay extra for it new. Great if you can find used for little premium. IMO ~$1K to upgrade an already decent system is nuts in a non luxury car - yeah for a Bentley or Aston but not an entry level BMW.

The weak link of my main Home Theater audio is actually a HK Amp that has Logic 7 - never use that feature. It does sound absolutely great but I am looking to replace it one day just to polish the setup (there is no real need to but no one tell my wife. I fancy one of the new amps that can self calibrate but don't expect to notice any difference - hope to be surprised)

It's amazing to visit homes of people that have leather seats and a rockin' audio systems in their car.. only to find they have Rooms To Go/ Macy's furniture and a $300 all-in-one audio system hooked up to their cable box (often via analog cables when I brave peeking a look)

Six Euro Deliveries since December 1998 (Owned E46, E90, E91, E92 and E93)

28 vehicles in 26 years of driving so far. Guess I like cars

Last edited by MP3_E46; 12-07-2012 at 09:34 PM.