View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 03:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 325i
When I was a professional technician, many many years ago, we called that characteristic "Road Crazy". Maybe they still do, don't know. In rural areas where I worked, it was often an alignment issue. Old farm roads, people driving out into fields, etc. In more urban areas we saw less of that kind of thing, and less "road crazy" complaints. However, the cause was generally a caster issue, which helps with directional stability. Less positive caster, less directional stability. Since these cars don't really have much of a caster angle adjustment, not much can be done there. If there IS a caster issue, I would suspect some significant damage in the past which was not corrected the right way. With that said, I would strongly suspect the tires. I have had experiences with my Corvette and new vs. old tires make an incredible difference in Interstate driving. Some tires and some cars are more sensitive to the subtle (here in Illinois NOT so subtle) ruts in the outer lanes caused by heavy semi's in warm weather. And ... never have been a Firestone fan. LOL

Light a man a fire and he'll stay warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.