View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:25 AM
Constantly Learning

Mein Auto: 1999 M3, 2002 M5
Quote:
I called and talked to my local dealer but they didn't have much in the way of information. There was a total of 5 or 6 items on the repair list which was from back in 2000-2001 timeframe. Things like replacing a tail light, 1 oil change and a couple of other small items. Nothing heavy like a tranny overhaul, etc.
Congrats on your purchase, and your quest. Question on the list -- was this a complete printout? Did it have things like all the option codes, MSRP paid, etc. and so forth? Any BMW dealer should have access.

Makes sense that there wasn't any major work listed -- after all, tranny doesn't usually fail in year one, two or three. But since "free" maintenance is included, usually new owners run back to the dealer every time they hear a new squeak.

If the above doesn't sound like what you received, I know someone who might get it for you. See the list for my M5 attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M5history2.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	352330  
Fern Green 99 M3, Conforti Shark Software, Conforti CAI, Dinan Exhaust. Stamped LTWs, 235x40 square, OEM Hella heads, ///M Pedal Kit, Clear Corners, OEM Rear Spoiler, CD43 stereo. MRegistry listing here.
Le Mans 2002 M5, Black/Titanium, Rogue SSK, Dinan exhaust, PSS9 coilovers, Euro rotors, iPod integration. MRegistry listing here.