View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:53 AM
John Firestone

Mein Auto: 1996 318is
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_wright View Post
Did you mount your ballasts to the car body or bolt them to something metal that's attached to the car body? If not that may be part of the problem and may have killed one of your ballasts. Most of the HID ballasts require mounting to the car body because it provides both a ground connection and heat transfer.

Is this the kit you have? Looks like a pretty good set up......
That kit is quite inexpensive for what one might hope for, so I did a little digging. The company's domain name was registered by
SoloTech LLC
suleiman hamed (canzamansultan@hotmail.com)
+1.6128454226
Fax: +1.5555555555
240 spring st # 509
st paul, mn 55102
I have attached a picture of their whois street address. I can find no street address on their website.

One of their suppliers is reportedly Fuan Jianlong Auto Parts Co., Ltd.

Philips Lighting (the huge Dutch company) apparently does not make HID kits, so Solotech must get them from somewhere else. Here's a possiblity to give a flavor of their possible supplier(s): http://www.chinesehid.com/eproductus.asp?id=135

There is also a philips-xenon.com / Xenon Philips who claim they are the only source for German made Philips HID kits. That domain is registered to:
Ryan Schlote
5620 Fossil Creek Pkwy, Unit 3204
Fort Collins, Colorado 80525
United States
It looks to be in a housing development.

If I were to buy from these folks, I would not be surprised to get what I paid for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	streetview.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	352347  

Last edited by johnf; 12-08-2012 at 11:21 AM.