View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
Sorry as well about the accident. Yes, it is a good thing. I think the overall question is, though, if it isn't your fault, why would your insurance company expect you to pay a deductible anyway? Are you expecting a check directly from the other driver's insurance company? I know sometimes your own insurance "fronts" the funding, then gets reimbursed from the other guy's insurance. Even in that case, not sure why a deductible would come into play. I think maybe your insurance company is simply stating the obvious and making themselves seem "extra nice" to you.
I don't think they expected me to pay a deductible, unless they found me partially at fault. That was just the caveat they told me when I first made the claim, but after hearing both sides they obviously realized that I was 100% not at fault. I'm not sure about receiving a check or how it all works, I've never been in an accident like this. But you're probably right, they want to sound all nice...they're in the business of money I guess.