View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650ix convertible
I bought my 2010 new in Feb 2011. So far I have logged 41k miles with no real problems. Just put winter tires on and found out the original rubber will need to be replaced in the spring. It's been a rock so far with the only real issue was a trim piece that kept falling off from around the rear view mirror. I bought the extended maintenance but not the warranty as I drive about 25-30k a year and that just burns through the milage limitations way before the time allotments. It does seem like a lot of people due dwell on the "what if" scenarios about this car. Well wake up, when new it was not cheap, and like many other cars in this price range and higher some might have problems and some might not. If you can't imagine a big dollar repair then a warranty or a different car is for you. Machines are just that and no piece of paper is going to make it last any longer, but driving reasonably and doing proper maintenance when required by the OEM to me is a much better investment. I plan on keeping mine for many years to come as I think it is a great all around car for me. Just my thoughts...