View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:42 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 540i
A few questions....

I'd like to upgrade it, but not spend a ton of money. The Dynavin unit seems fine, but I'd like to confirm a few things..

1. The dash I have looks like the one in this picture. Mine is a six speed and a different wood grain, but the style is the same..

It *SEEMS* like the Dynavin unit replaces the wood grain section around the existing screen and rearranges the position of the buttons for radio presets, etc. Does anyone have a picture of what this would look like once in? I'd like to see if its a good fit. I'm less concerned about losing the wood grain, but it has to look like it belongs there.

2. The unit seems to be plug for plug compatible with the existing unit. Is this the case? Are there any adapter cables or mounting hardware that do not come with it that you need to buy?

3. Any advice on the install? I've done this on other cars before, but not an E39. Is there some part where you need the help of a spaghetti armed, plier fingered alien? Does half the dashboard come off, or something reasonable? I looked for a PDF or something from a posting which describes the replacement of an OEM NAV system on an E39 and couldn't find one. Is there something out there?

Thanks in advance.

Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-08 at 7.19.40 PM.png
Views:	101
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	352389