Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Hopefully not one of us
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:43 PM
The Other Tom The Other Tom is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,151
Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
If you buy a car in Germany, even a used one, and drive it around before exporting, you'll need tourist plates.

Another scenario may be driving your camper around the world, through Germany. You may need to register your car in Germany and not just use US plates.
Thanks. I guess my original queation wasn't clear, but this is the answere I was looking for.
2017 i3 REx
2008 335i
2001 325i retired
2000 M Roadster Imola Red retired
1998 Z3 2.8L retired
Reply With Quote