View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:32 PM
resident, old fart

Mein Auto: 2002 540i sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh429er View Post
Hey guys, I posted awhile ago about a 540 I found in The area, It's a 98 and has ABS module problems my buddy's 97 528 has a bad one too and the part is 1000 bucks, I keep reading It's a 100 dollar fix so I'm confused as to whats going. If poked around the forum but can't find straight answers. What is wrong and what does it cost to DIY this issue?

Also the 540 I'm looking at has a full 540 exhaust, I was looking at a dinan chip, but the performance gains look questionable on paper. Is there a chip absolutely worth having? And has anyone tried the dinan intake manifold and throttle body? Is there a cheaper equally as good product out there.(yes I know BMW, cheap, and performance gains don't go together) just looking for insight, thanks.
I think you are confused. Show me where it says an ABS an ABS repair costs $100. BBA runs ABS Module rebuilds periodically for $100 on Ebay, but I did not look to see if they are running it now. Or, you could use "Concrete Donkey" who is gaining credibility by the day. Know he does displays, but something tells me he does modules as well. If not. stick with BBA. There is no guarantee your module can be re-built. You should have run a scan for codes before you bought the car to have an idea what you are facing. I imagine that is where you got the $100 price. It could cost $100 or 5 times that much... get a scan first and go from there.

Last edited by 540iman; 12-08-2012 at 05:43 PM.