View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by otonimus View Post
Ok, so when does yours arrive?

Crass though he may be, he's got a point, which is that there's a big difference between "expressing interest" and actually pulling the trigger.

Seriously, I can't imagine looking at an F30 and an ATS side by side and picking the Caddy. Can you? Really?

Forget driving it (I'm sure I'd be pleasantly surprised how good it is), I just can't get past the styling... it's juvenile and shouty, unrefined... trying to distinguish itself with the overly angular motif, contrived and trying too hard, like they're desperately trying to get it to work, and it still doesn't... they've been trying to get that design language right for a decade now, and it still fails.

(just one professional designer's opinion, let's call it my 3 cents)
I have a year left on the lease of my 2011 so not till then will I look at the ATS seriously. If it fits in my budget which is my first consideration I'll consider it. If it drives well then I'll seriously consider it. I have no problem with the design which I find taut and muscular. I like the angular look and don't find the F30 (or even my E90) to be anything other than fairly attractive but far from exciting.

Last edited by Michael Schott; 12-08-2012 at 06:37 PM.