View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
It seems like the new M3 will be a give and take kind of deal. Pretty much as the E9X M3 gave us a 100% M exclusive engine and one of the best engines to ever appear in a non exotic it also gained some unwanted weight. It looks like the new M3 will follow the new M5's more cost efficient approach to tune a volume engine with some goodies as larger turbo chargers. It could also come with a less natural steering feel due to EPS but it is rumoured to drop the weight gained with the E9X. I think it will be a mixed feelings experience when we take our first drive in it. I absolutely adore the S65 and can't imagine buying a car with less steering feel than the current M3 however the rumoured weight reduction can do wonders. I just hope they keep the mechanically adjustable side-bolsters that are integral to the superb comfort and support of the E9x M3's seats. The E9x M3 is a tall order to improve on and I don't mean secondary "chrstmas tree" stuff as the size of the i-idrive screen, HUD, leather dash etc, etc. but core driving dynamics and sports feel. Above all let's hope it's doesn't follow the volume lines evolution to become a softer luxury cruiser.

Last edited by solstice; 12-08-2012 at 08:52 PM.