View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 PM

Mein Auto: Z3 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
Full cooling system overhaul runs ~$600 ish. The full suspension refresh (including shocks & struts) can be up to $1.5k. Call it $700ish for all new bushings, and $800ish should you go with say Bilsteins.

Mind you, see what has been done already via and maintenance logs or receipts you got with the car. Also keep in mind that the cooling system needs doing (as Ken said above) roughly every 70-100k miles. The suspension needs doing about every 100k miles.

Welcome to the 'Fest, you've got yourself one incredible car there

Ed.
Thank you both, you have been extremely helpful.
I'm used to v-dubs timing belt replacement about that time, why they no use chain like bimmer?
Yes bilsteins in future, lifetime warranty is a nice thing.
Thank you, I wanted an e46 m3 if I was going to get a bmw but finding one in my price range was impossible. I had seen z3 coupes in pictures before but never seen one in person so I knew they were really rare. But I saw an ad just a few hours after the dealer posted it and it was under kbb, an hour away, so I called and reserved it that minute. Didn't even check carfax until I got there lol. But it's never been in an accident, and I've never been in one either
So i'll take good care of her. Plan is to keep it stock, except I'm going to save after she's all paid off for some style 5's and some rear spacers for a nice stance.