View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:03 AM
BMW Platinum VisaŽ Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
You are saying that no one is buying the ATS and then limiting your observations to a BMW specific forum. Does that make sense in the big picture? Also, most here already own a 3 series or are locked into a lease so aren't really in the market. The big picture is the ATS right off the bat and as a clean sheet design is good enough to compete against the F30 if not yet a perfect car (nor is the F30). Time will tell if the ATS is a success and there is no reason to think it won't do well.

As far as Cadillac taking enthusiasts more seriously, in terms of sharpness of handling we know they have succeeded. As an all around car, not so much yet. This is where the F30 is a better designed car at this point.
Here's what I'm saying:

For the amount of ATS' sold to date and the amount of potential BMW converts to an ATS we spend way too much time discussing this vehicle in the F30 forum. I'd expect to find a lot of spirited Audi and Mercedes talk in here, the occasional E90 debates too, but to see this endless stream of non-stop Cadillac chatter is ridiculous as it's not a serious competitor to the 3 Series.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House