View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:20 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by otonimus View Post

Stitcher from the iphone via snap-in, music from a 128 gig flash drive, I'm good. Hate cables.

The flash drive doesn't leave the car, so if I just want music I don't need to snap the phone in. For long drives I love to have Stitcher
I hate cables too. I have the Technology Package which for 2013 includes BMW Apps as well as BMW Assist With Enhanced Bluetooth & USB. Here's what I do:

- I have a beater iPod Touch that never leaves my F30's armrest, connected via white Apple cord into USB port.

- I have an iPhone 5 that never gets cabled to anything, sits in my cupholder connected via Bluetooth.

I have 25,000 songs in iTunes, all tagged properly, all on hundreds of playlists, so I use an iPod to get them into my car. Because it's an iPod Touch, it can connect to iTunes from my garage via wi-fi, never have to bring it in my house to sync new songs to it. I find this is a lot better than using a USB flash drive or loading songs onto the F30 internal hard drive.

When I want to listen to my MP3 collection, I use the iPod Touch. When I want to listen to Pandora, I stream it via Bluetooth. On those very rare occasions that I want to run Facebook or Twitter, I swap the white Apple cord and connect to USB. When I want to send an address to my car or unlock it, I use the BMW Assist Remote app.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®