View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 08:39 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
Alpine300ZHP,

Congrats on the X5M! What color combo did you order? Thanks for the BMW Apps amount catch. If the Apps is good with an ED order, I may just move it over to the 650's tally.

Kar Don,

Mrs D is going to the MB dealer tomorrow to check-out the multicontour seats on a sold GL550, but we are both a bit spoiled with performance oriented cars, hence the X5M is looking strong. Also, I think the USAA & BMWCCA are mutually exclusive based upon BMWCCA's website.
Thanks! Alpine white over black merino with aluminum trim is the color combo. We debated alpine white, mugello red and carbon leather trim, but the black/aluminum looked more sporty in the flesh (dealer had both in stock so I could see it). You may recall that we were considering the ML 63 and GL 550. I tried the multicontour seat in both the ML 63 and the GL and BMW's is still much more comfortable and has many more adjustments. Also, the x5M outperformed the ML 63 by a large margin (handling and straight line performance....the S63 is awesome). The choice was easy for us. I do not think BMW apps is lockable and I remember Jon Shaffer creating a post regarding the credit and saying it must be used by 12/31/12.