View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 335i xDrive 6MT ZDH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
It is my impression that more than 1% here is greatly interested in obtaining the best handling for their street-driven F30.
Sure, it's called an aftermarket suspension. Or presumably the M Performance suspension they're going to offer. I don't know the exact % of uptake on those but it's pretty small, especially if you exclude people just buying suspension parts for a cosmetic drop.

This is a huge argument over nothing. It's not even wrong, it's an attack on something for not doing what it wasn't made to do. If you only care about handling you get the sport suspension. If you want to switch between different stiffness you get the adaptive m. If you just like the base suspension you get a car with that. And if you want to be a street racing hero or actually legitimately race you're going to inevitably go to some kind of aftermarket setup. If the adaptive m was sold as XTREME TRACK SETUP you'd have a complaint, but otherwise it's just bitching about apples not being oranges and posing over who is the "real" BMW fan.