View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 328i
I never thought I would be sharing grooming tips...

I have been using a Braun 7 series for perhaps 8 or 9 years now. It gives decent shaves. It does not shave as close as a blade nor an old Philishave rotary shaver that I have. I am fine with a not getting a really close shave. I have sensitive skin and can be prone to ingrown hair. If I shave too close, I can get ingrown hairs. My next shaver will be one where I can adjust the shaver so that I even less of a close shave in an attempt to eliminate ingrown hairs.

Recently, I have noticed that the charge does not hold as long as it used to. (Strangely, after a recent 4 hour flight, the freshly charged battery was dead on arrival at my destination.) A good thing about a foil shaver like the Braun is that you can use it to edge up against a goatee. You can't really do this with a rotary.

My shaver comes with some kind of a system that both charges and cleans the blades with a solution. I have long ago not bothered with the cleaning solution. I don't like the smell of the chemical and found that it irritates my face.

An issue with rotary and foil shavers are stray hairs. If you miss shaving the odd hair and gets to a certain length, it is almost impossible for the shaver to cut long hairs, whereas a blade will not have this issue.

Your idea that you can shave anywhere is true. However ground up hair and dust from the razor drops everywhere.