View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val1nyc View Post
Hi Jon and everyone. I was just introduced to this website by a friend and am fascinated by the openness of the discussions. Have had some difficulty dealing with the dealerships who refuse to move off MSRP for a lease on a X5 35, and worse, they keep pushing me to only talk about Premium, even though I don't want most of those features.. I currently own a 5 series, but wife wants an SUV so looking to get an X5 - Jon, could you suggest a bimmerfest member around New York City who could help with the lease? Can't deal with the dealerships and sleazy car salesmen anymore

Thanks in advance!

Val
Val,what you need to do unfortunately is to contact 4-5 BMW dealers in your area. This may be done by phone. Do this after you know exactly what you want: all options, how long of a lease and how many miles/year. Exact color isn't necessarily needed, but if you know you want an exterior metallic color take the up charge cost into account. Additionally, find out what the approximate dealer charges for their "extras" are: DMV, paperwork, etc. You also need to go to www.edmunds.com or another website like it so you know what "invoice" charges for your vehicle will be. Lastly, with a lease you need to now what the down payment costs are- another sleazy way they can manipulate you. Get all cost figures from the sales guy from each dealer in writing- email is easiest. You're now armed with the information you need to get the best lease deal.

Decide which dealer you want to do business with. Hopefully, you know some people who've done business with the dealer. Personal referrals are best. You may also find information on the web on sites such as Yelp. I would pick the dealer that's most convenient for you- close to your home or work. You can buy your car from any dealer, but if you get the vehicle serviced by the same dealer they'll give you loaners. The dealer you want to business with should meet your lowest price.

Good luck!