View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to jfox335i
Mein Auto: 2014 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiggs27 View Post
Jfox - That is a nice ride! Is there anything to be concerned about with a vehicle that was driven so little over such a long period of time?
I have a 2007 STi Limited which sees very little road time. Probably less then 1000 miles over the last 3 yrs. I take it out about once every week or two for a short drive then cover her back up. (Wife's car, her orders). she still purrs like a kitten, I haven't had any issues with her.

As with any used car, there's always the chance for issues. I will say when it was started up, it fired up right away, and has a beautiful exhaust note. (AM exhaust installed) Lifted the hood, and the engine sounded real clean. You can always have a BMW mechanic check it out, or any other M3 you are looking at, before you buy it. If anyone selling it doesn't want to let you do that, that's the first sign to walk away from that M3 and find another one.

The more I talk about it, the more I want to go buy it. hahaha. *sigh* if I bring it home, I'll be in soooo much trouble, I'll have to warn the kids ahead of time so they can get out of the house before the meltdown occurs. Anyway, if its still there when Taxes/Bonuses come in, damn the consequences. It was the E46 M3 (an 01) that started my BMW obsession. I'd rather have an E46, then an E92. (but i wouldn't scoff at an E92). In any case, I've been saving for one of the next gen F80 M3s. 2015 may finally be my year. Time will tell.
2012 F30 335i Sedan - BSM, Sport Line, PP,Tech,HK,CW,DA2
2010 E90 M3 - JBM PP,TP,ES,CW,Beast

BMWCCA #471315