View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
I sell wiper blades, lots of 'em, Bosch, Anco, Trico, oem. Every one of them is a complete assembly ready to snap onto the arm. Nothing annoys me more than chattering or otherwise noisy wipers and that's why I won't install blades. Blades are the portion of the wiper assembly which actually contacts the glass. They are a royal pain to install correctly, never fit the armature like the originals, and rarely match the quality. It's what dealers all use for warranty replacement.
I know, they put a set on my car (free!) and the first time it rained I couldn't wait to get them off. Free was too high a price for them. I'd suggest to anyone who wants some premium blades which are totally quiet (including in the airstream on a dry day), get a set of Bosch Icons. Installation takes a minute per side. Thank me later.
This goes a long way to explaining the issue. Thanks. I also noticed while perusing the topic in my Bentley Manual, they list improper alignment (twisting) as a primary reason for chatter. Maybe they had a rookie-new hire put the blades on. Is it really that easy to not align them properly?

In the meantime am doing my homework re: Bosch Icons.

Can you verify the size of the right side blade? The blade currently on the car is 17.25" long. Isn't the right side blade suposed to be 19"? I have no confidence at this point that it's in fact the correct blade for the car.

The left side is a 24" blade which seems to match what I've determined in my reading and research.

Thanks!

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793