View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750i, S5
Congrats on your beautiful car!

I don't have answrers to all your questions but the ones I do I will answer;

1) When I turn the engine off using the on/off button, the radio and dashboard lights stay on. So I have to push it again to turn it off completely?? Is there a way to just adjust it so the button turns off everything the first time?
-I believe you can go into your iDrive and adjust the time you want the lights to remain on. I believe it's under "lighting".

2) I also have to open the car door by pulling on the lever twice. Can I just pull on it once and have it open? All this extra effort seems crazy to me.
-Yes, you can remove this feature but you will need to have it coded out. I coded this out myself, couldn't stand this.

3) The pop up projection display is shifted a bit to the left of my steering wheel. I can see where I can change the height of the projection but is there a way to ask BMW to center it more?
-I don't think you can shift the heads up display. And sunglasses will interfere with the heads up display.

4) When I drive, if I take the foot off the gas pedal, the car slowly slows down, as if it's breaking. This even happens on a hill on the freeway. Is this normal? It seems like i have to "ride the accelerator petal" in order to maintain my speed. I am used to "coasting" but my car doesn't. Is this normal?
-Yup, it's normal, actually it's the norm on most BMW's. My e92 did the same thing, I actually like when the car slows down.