View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I wanna DRIVE!

Mein Auto: 2000 540i6/2001 540iT
Similar issues

I bought a 540it last month; didn't care too much about the service history, just talked to the prior owner and I knew a lot of work needed to be done (I own another e39). The prior owner had an indy who did his work for him, and I talked to the guy, but now that I have the car I can see he was something of a hack mechanic.

I had the head gaskets and valley pan done by my local mechanic, along with the radiator and expansion tank, right after I bought the car. I then jumped into a bunch of stuff (wheels and tires, aspheric mirrors, euro armrest, bimmian angel eyes, wiper blades, polished the lenses, swapped out the broken cup holders, replaced the grungy tray below the cup holders, fixed the broken fog lamp, etc.) I've got a TCU, microphone and bluetooth antenna for a retrofit on the way, bought the bushings for my rear subframe, and am thinking about protection (V1 and LI, perhaps).

Does anyone have access to the software to get at the dealer codes? I hate the auto door locking thing and my airbag light is on from my cleanup of the steering wheel stereo controls (I accidently turned the key too far when unlocking the steering wheel to reorient it while working with the airbag out).
Eibach sway bars
Zionsville Alloy Radiator and Cooling Kit
Authority CAI and ECU tuning
M5 calipers, EBC Green Stuff pads, European M5 floating rotors
SprintBooster
Eurodash
Euro armrest w/ tray
Rogue Engineering Tranny Mounts
Aspheric Mirrors
V1 in Center Rear Headrest w/Remote Display in ashtray
Lidatek (custom dash switch)
M5 grills