View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post

You are correct, the blades are 24 and 19. I understand what Bentley means by "twisting". Used to do it all the time. What they are referring to is making sure that the blade contacts the glass at a 90 degree angle. As things wear (all the swivel points) the blade can shift over, say to 85 degrees. Now when a new (grabby) blade is installed into the original metal armature the rubber will chatter over the glass in one direction and not the other. Bend the armature and when it's at 90 the chatter goes away.
Interesting. I just popped outside and looked at the contact angle of the blades with the glass. It appears the driver's side is contacting at someplace around 80-85 degrees and the passenger side is contacting at about 100 degrees. In other words, neither look right and they aren't consistent with each other. No wonder the chatter happens both directions.

Is there any harm at this point in trying to 'straighten' them out?

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793