View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: 06 Audi A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean10mm View Post
For non-xDrive cars:

Sport and M Sport both get the same fixed 704 sport suspension standard. You can confirm this from the ordering guide. It has a 10mm drop and is stiffer.
All other lines get the base suspension standard, which is softer.
Changing driving modes doesn't change anything about any of the above suspensions. You can look under the car and see that nothing connects any of their suspension parts to the switch.
The Adaptive M suspension (which comes with the Dynamic Handling Package) replaces the other suspensions (the ordering guide explains this, adding Adaptive M deletes 704 if the car has it), has a 10mm drop, and adjusts stiffness based on the Eco/Comfort/Sport/Sport+ setting.

For xDrive cars:

All xDrive cars regardless of line come with the base suspension standard, including Sport and M Sport models. You can confirm this in the ordering guide, Sport and M Sport lines for xDrive models don't include the 704 sport suspension like they do on non-xDrives.
The Adaptive M suspension (which comes with the Dynamic Handling Package) replaces the base suspension, does not have a 10mm drop on xDrive cars, and adjusts stiffness based on the Eco/Comfort/Sport/Sport+ setting.
Thanks sean10. So, just so that I'm clear and will beat this nearly dead horse, if I order a Lux model and add adaptive M suspension, I am getting 10mm lowering, bigger/stiffer sway bars, etc, basically all the 704 components + the adaptive technology and h/w too?