View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Autoguide? Who?

What's next? Better Homes & Gardens? Frank's Favorite Cars Dot Com? My mothers' friends' sisters' brother ran into a guy who knew a postman who overheard someone say that he might buy an ATS. Does that count too?

BJ
Every auto publication that has tested the ATS had a favorable impression of it and stated that it was a very impressive first attempt by Cadillac to enter the compact sport sedan market. The list includes Automobile, Road and Track, Car and Driver, and Automobile.

The latest is Autoweek.

"Fortunately for Cadillac, Zelenka and his associates didn't deliver crap. There's Audi/BMW/Mercedes-Benz-grade engineering to the ATS's core-world class, no qualifiers. There's no evidence that Cadillac has taken the easy way or even the most cost-effective way. The ATS is fundamentally solid and inherently balanced. Its three engine options start near the tip in terms of output and technology. The car offers rear- or all-wheel drive out of the box, and its power-to-weight ratios are best in class. With the ATS, Cadillac finally has a second sedan that Audi/BMW/Mercedes drivers (or wannabes) might actually think about buying, in a more lucrative chunk of the market."

"Short of back-to-back drives, we'll venture this: Measured by "light, nimble, fun" and balance and inherent goodness, the ATS belongs in the same sentence as the BMW 3-series."

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...#ixzz2EhpTNO1i

You don't wan't one. We get that. You made your point.

I am not on the market for one either but I don't feel the need to state it every other post in every thread that mentions the ATS and I accept the opinions of professionals who have actually driven one that it is a very good car.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 12-10-2012 at 06:31 PM.