View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:20 PM

Mein Auto: x5
After reading all 8 pages of this thread -- clearly this is an issue for most if not all owners of the e53 x5 . I have a 2006 x5 and the sun roof does not work.

While I can understand the joy that most people express when there roof is finally able to close -- i cannot understand why owners are accepting of have only a partially functioning sunroof. Its mind numbing to pay for a luxury SUV and yet the sunroof only works partially. How often to most people use their sunroof anyway? This sunroof was poorly designed and conceived and should be redesigned and recalled. The dealerships either dont know how to repair these sunroofs.

The dealerships seem to have no idea how to fix the sunroof only to install a new "cartridge " at over a 5000 expense. I would encourage everyone who has posted here to please email the below and explain that you feel this is a defect with the x5 and worthy of a recall. You may wish to indicate that the handling of this complaint will influence further BMW purchases.

The canned response will say " go see your dealer" so make sure you mention you have already visited your delaership and recd a 5000+ estimate --

CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com