View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Norwich,

Let's assume for just a minute you don't have a laptop with wifi or an iPad with a 4G connection in hand and you walk up to a car,

Here are the tell tale things to look for:

1) Sport Package: Don't bother with looking at wheels, look at the front seats of the car. If they have extra beefy side bolsters and a slide out thigh extender it has the sport package.

1a) If you want to differentiate the basic sport package from the M-Sport package which is primarily a cosmetic package, look for little subtleties like ///M emblems on the steering wheel and on the wheels themselves. The m-sport package also includes the enhanced front bumper fascia, not to be confused with the 'lips' that are glued on.

If you are trying to differentiate whether the car has the premium package, look for things like lumbar support for the driver's seat, garage door opener controls on the mirror, folding mirrors.

All of the features you are attempting to differentiate are readily discernible with careful observation.
+1

Just extra fyi - unless someone has specifically swapped the front seats after the fact, the presence of the sport seats, bolsters and cushion thigh support extender, are definite indications of the sport package. It's pretty rare for people to swap the seats. The steering wheel airbag is another indicator. I'll post pics.

The little round, four-way controller for the power lumbar support is a definitive indication of the premium package. Lumbar support is only available with the premium package. The controller is found at the front part of the lower, outside seat base on E46 and E9x models. It is found grouped with the power seat controls in the new F3x 3er models.

On the new F3x 3er models (MY 2013 and forward) the Homelink garage door opener, buttons on the bottom of the rear view mirror, and the power folding mirrors, button next to the left/right switch for mirror adjustment, are now standard equipment. However, power lumbar support is still limited to the premium package.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **