View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: volvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
You insert the key and turn it 1/4 turn clockwise to unlock. Then you can remove the key (or leave it in, doesn't matter either way) and depress the button to open the trunk. To lock it you put in the key and turn it 1.4 turn counter clockwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGerman View Post
The key does not have to be in the lock cylinder to open the trunk, though. Just unlock it, remove the key, and then push the lock cylinder in and open the trunk.
Thanks. So it means that the turning the key in the trunk may or may not unlocking the trunk (as I heard the sound) but for sure it is not opening the trunk on pushing in the cylinder
and also once I pushed in the cylinder, it does not come out automatically, I have to turn the key inside and pull it with the key.

Now to fix it; I will put more WD-40 and graphite lubrication spray in it and then I will try to open the lock assembly completely and will clean it thoroughly, may be I find some thing broken inside.

Is that a good idea? Also can I get some manual describing with the help of pictures how to open the trunk lock assembly?
One more question, which lubricant and/or greese should I use to clean and lubricant properly the trunk lock and assembly?

Thanks.

Last edited by kmrpt1; 12-12-2012 at 08:00 AM.