View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Even after all these years, people are still trying to remove the fan clutch nut without any counterhold apparatus whatsoever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k528i View Post
I've done the reading on how to remove the fan, I know it's a reverse thread but I can't get mine to break loose. The belt tension is not enough to hold it, it just slips.

I've sprayed it with PB blaster and let it set.. no luck.

You can't really put any pressure on the pulley because of the cheap plastic crap it's made out of... does anyone have any ideas?

The writeups make it sound like it should come loose so easily... I'm about to drop a tree on this car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by occhis View Post
You need to get the tool
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k528i View Post
what other tool is there?

EDIT: This was also posted today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimcwe View Post
Is there anyway to replace the Idler Pulley without taking out the radiator fan/shroud out? Apparently you need a special tool to remove it, and I certainly don't have said tool.
Going by :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tools.png
Views:	1115
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	353956  
Your job, in return, is to read the suggested threads, where the best people will always add value to those threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same problem stands on your shoulders.
See also: E39 Bestlinks & How to easily find what you need

Last edited by bluebee; 12-20-2012 at 08:18 AM.