View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Looks like another Bimmer bought today with a blown engine.

At least I hope these guys get 'em cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMax540 View Post
I bought my 1999 540i a couple weeks ago and i still cannot get it to start. The engine turns over and have been consulting the bentley. I have tested the fuel pump to make sure it is running and with a jumper wire in the relay slot 6 and 2 the pump does come on. There is no check engine light on at all ... i have tested all the coils and checked the coil connectors with the multimeter with no problems found. However i believe the rear main seal is gone because there is oil coming out from the hole in the bellhousing of the transmission close to the crankshaft speed sensor( which appears to be new) also i noticed there was possibly some oil around the exhaust manifold at the back of the head. Does anyone have any ideas ... i really would like to be able to get this car running so i can experience it... I have never got to drive it yet...Where is the best place to buy parts and or for quality used engines. Please help me! Any help would be truely appreciated. Also is there anyone here from close to Myrtle Beach, SC?
EDIT:
Another blown engine today:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman27 View Post
I just had my second diagnosis on my car and it has a blown engine. Looking to sell as i dont have the money to pay for a used one. Excepting reasonable offers. The car is located in New Jersey.
Your job, in return, is to read the suggested threads, where the best people will always add value to those threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same problem stands on your shoulders.
See also: E39 Bestlinks & How to easily find what you need

Last edited by bluebee; 12-18-2012 at 08:33 AM.