View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 750I
2009 750i: A few of questions

I recently purchased a 2009 750i and I have a few questions questions:

1) The engine seems to take a long time (30 minutes) to come to operating temperature, with an outside temperature close to or below freezing in city driving. Is this normal? My Cadillac get to temperature within 10 minutes.

2) during this warm up period, the engine runs rough during hard acceleration. It is OK when driving gently. It seems to smooth out when the car reaches the operating temperature. Have other owners experienced this?

3) Often, to put my car in the garage I have to move other cars parked in front of the garage door. To do this I keep the BMW running while I use the key on the key-chain containing the FOB to drive the other car. During this time the FOB is in the other car away from the BMW. The BMW remains running and I am able to drive it into the garage. The dashboard displays a warning saying that I can't start the car without the key FOB but it allows the car to run and be driven. The distance between the car and the key FOB could be 60-80 feet.

My question is, would the car turn off if this distance is increased, say if you or someone else drives off? What is that distance?
Ads by Google