View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 06:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 x3 + 2010 335i xdriv
The x3 felt more like a truck, I suppose partly due to the size. It was the xdrive35i and had the sport activity, convenience, cold weather and premium packages. I liked and drove that and my husband drove a 335i xdrive, which was leased and since turned in. Relocating/downsizing so we decided try 1 car for a while. The x1 seems like a good meeting in the middle. There were very few x1's to test and none configured the way we ordered, he likes the sport suspension and I don't really care either way, so didn't really consider anything else. In the x3 we could choose between sport suspension mode or not. The x1 feels more like a car, more sporty. But the x3 was terrific, handled well, good gas mileage, turned on a dime and was sneaky in that the performance was a bit unexpected for an SUV. The x3 would be a fine family vehicle, but I think the x1 would be small for more than 2 people on a regular basis. I did like that the idrive was standard on the x3 but it is not on the x1 (I think you have to get the navigation and I just use my iPhone)