View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 03:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltnBoostedZ View Post
Then you would have been in the same boat you are now...spending tons of cash for little gains. Having a boosted motor makes mild mods worth the money. I've built cars for the better part of 20 years. Think I dumped close to $50k in the 350Z to get to 800whp. Only spent about $7k getting the X3 to get 600whp.

Nevertheless...keep up the good work. We don't make strides in performance by doing what everyone else would do. Car looks good. Only thing I'd consider at this point would be to upgrade the valve body in the transmission for more consistent shifts. Not sure what the torque capacity is of the 7 series trans....I have yet to mod mine. Doubt I ever will since she is getting close to 100k miles. I'm just going to do stereo, drop, rims, and done.
Please PLEASE post up some pics of those monsters you've built

What all did you have to do for the X3 to get those gains? It originally had the same engine as the 335i right?

2006 BMW 750Li - Style 128's with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Magnaflow quad exhaust, ACS Roof Spoiler, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Umnitza LED License Plate Lights, Beltronics V995

1997 BMW 540i - E39 M5 wheels, straight piped quad exhaust, CAI, Dinan performance chip, H&R springs

2002 Lexus LX470 - Window Tint (20%)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE - Window Tint (30% front, 15% rear), LED interior lighting

2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 - AMG Sports Package - SOLD