View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:51 AM

Mein Auto: X3 xDrive35i & 350Z TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmztl View Post
A bad battery can also ause transmission robot engage and just revs? Any way to test battery for sure? It goes below that when cars on but not started. Would autozone be able to test it? Would it be a bad idea to pull it and have it tested? One thing I've also noticed sometime it struggles to start when left sitting for a few days and when I turn on hid fogs the navi screen kind of flickers. Battery causing all this? The car has original battery still. If so where should I pick up battery? Dealers of aftermarket?
You don't need to test the battery. You just told us the voltage at which it sits and when its running. Its on its way out. The electrical system in your 7 series starts to prioritize its systems when the battery gets dangerously low to leaving you stranded. Like I said, my car did this when my battery was near dead. I thought my trans was having issues, and with a little research, I found out my battery needed to be replaced. I bought a new battery about 5 months ago. I haven't seen the issue arise since.

Go buy a new battery, have it registered to the vehicle and you will see no more codes.