View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:34 PM
tbiggs27's Avatar
tbiggs27 tbiggs27 is offline
Der Meister: Loriot
Location: New Jersey
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 500
Mein Auto: 2001 330i
So I called the owner last night and explained my situation. Told him the car was outstanding, but probably not the best choice for me. I thanked him for taking the time to come to my mechanic and wished him the best of luck with the sale. This morning, this was in my inbox:

Travis. After. We spoke yesterday I would like to make a proposal. I really want this car to go to someone that would take care of it as I have. I would like to give you the car for a few days and drive it as you would if you owned it. If after a few days you are not interested. I will understand. I would also take 1,000 off the price and sell it to you for 25k . I was really impressd by you and your hard work to make it . I am also a small business owner and you make me feel as I did when I was younger.

Regardless of your decision. I hope you take me up on my offer to drive the car for a few days.


I decided to take him up on his offer. I will drive around in his car not for a few days, but I will take it for a few hours. I think the kicker for me was seeing this other M3 listed on and it made me realize what a deal this could be. Similar miles, not so similar price...
Reply With Quote