Here are some of my reasons:
- You have not seen a clean city until you go there. Instant $200 fine if you drop so much as a cigarette butt, however police presence has dropped a lot in the last 10 years or so due to everyone realising the difference it makes.
- No polutting cars as everything over 7 years cannot be registered on the road.
- And everyone is incredibly friendly and the food is good too.
- Climate is like summer all year round. Rainy season is actually nice.
- But the single biggest attraction to me is the fact that they have had a right wing government in power for over 40 years, and it shows. they went from literally a nothing city to a leading city in the world for commerce and IT etc. What is the next 40 years going to bring?
Wikipedia has a good article if your interested
I want to live there for 6 months in the near future and see how i go living there, but i dont think migrating there just yet is right untill i get a good financial backing here. Housing is very expensive compared to here, 70-80% of people rent there.
as for cities in the USA, just California/Nevada really so i really do not have a rounded view to be fair. But i have been to LA San Dieago and Las Vegas while living in Anahiem for quite some time. Its strange but i just didnt feel overly safe there. I will be careful what i say seeing as this is an american forum, but i found a scary proportion of people, although friendly, quite arrogant/ignorant. I also cant stand the accent, its a good job i dont have to hear you guys i just read you