View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambos View Post
Cars are not built to withstand abuses doesn't matter whether it is 10k or 100k. In reality luxury cars are more prone to abuse due to the highly sensitive gadgets in them. How many times do you think the Camera on the side view mirror can take the hit or park distance on the rear bumper can tolerate knocks? Didn't we all drive cars without these gadgets some 15 years ago? No power doors/windows/seats, no nav to freeze, no moonroof to leak. I remember going to the dealer for oil change and brake services for my 1993 pontiac grandAM. In the last decade, most of my repair shop visits are to fix power window regulator or the power locks.
Totally disagree with you. I have a 2007 Acura RL and it has Navigation, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Voice Commands, 5.1 Surround Sound, Key fob, Power: Seats, Door Locks, Windows, lots of technology and NOTHING has gone wrong with anything. It has over 110K miles on it and everything contnues to work perfectly.

I'm going to be very pissed off if the $50K X3 I just bought has service issues. There's absolutely no excuse for BMW not to be able to produce as good of quality vehicles as the Japanese do.