View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambos View Post
I have owned X3 2005 for the past 8 years and 100k miles. I only had couple of issues with my old one one both related to the power window regulators on the rear left and right needed to be changed at 70k and 90k miles. One issue with A/C hose was taken care of during the warranty period. All the other services to this car were wear and tear related. My 100k is mainly commute to work AM/PM stop/go traffic which is equivalent of >150k on highway driving. Again, I can speak only for myself. Buying a car is like you ending up with one bad doctor in a very good hospital or one bad teacher in a very good school. BMW, being one of the top car company's in the world, always get criticized for small things. Good pro player always comes under scrutiny for small issues. Good luck with your X3. You will not regret your purchase.
Glad to hear that!

I won't be upset if a couple of things go wrong like you described. I had a Volvo S-80 which was an absolute lemon and a nightmare until I got rid of it.

Even the Hondas/Acuras have a reputation for bad transmissions- thankfully something I've never had to experience. Small percentage have this, but everybody who was interested in my 2005 MDX asked if I had any transmission issues.