View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Any updates? OP, or on the guy that got arrested?

For the OP, I have this story: many. many years ago I purchased a car and signed the dea;- took the car home. Only on review did I realize the note had a pre-payment penalty. I had told them I wanted a simple interest note, but failed to read the fine print. So I called the next day. Guess what? "Sorry, we cannot change it- you might contact a bank and see if they will refinance it". So. I figured 'lesson learned. The following week the finance dept calls. Seems the note was in my name, but the cars title was in mine and my wife. He explained that the lender REQUIRED my wife on the note, could she come in and 'take care' of this? Guess who got a simple interest note?.... But they were difficult, nasty, and angry. As if I was the one that ws wrong.

My point is that the signing IS the closing. Math and clearical errors can be fixed, but terms are done deals. Either side can decide if they want to resign, but dealers NEVER do- but will make you feel liek YOU are a criminal if YOU wont. IMO

A