View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
There was no change in the steering throughout the E9x model run. None, pre-LCI or post-LCI. The steering did not change.

I've posted this before, I'll post it again. My 2006 E90 330i has active steering. IMO when set to sport mode the F30 feels virtually the same as my car and is every bit as direct and precise. I didn't drive the F30 in non-sport mode, because I would never drive one I owned that way.

I've driven many, many non-active steering E90s, E92s, and E93s on many occasions. I have no issue switching between my active steering and non-active steering.

Before I got my E90 I drove a 2004 E46 ZHP and a non-sport 2000 E46 328i.

I hope to get a chance soon to drive an F30 with variable sport steering.

I honestly think a large factor in people's complaints about the eps system is not really understanding how it works. The eps ONLY engages when the steering wheel is actively being turned. When the car is being driven straight there is zero power boost.

That's how Porsche has tailored their electric steering in the new 911. I'm not so sure BMW has the system set up that way. I believe it does actively boost steering with different modes(Sport,Sport + etc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.