View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 PM

Mein Auto: 1990 5301
Update from me, the OP.
It's been so rainy and cold I haven't done anything but some research, wait for the car to get warm every morning and cautiously put in reverse...it's been ok, until today when reverse was still weird even after the car was warm, and then first and second gear sounded terrible, increased rpm's and for the first time 'transmission program' error message. Pulled over and disconnected battery (still hoping it was some electrical issue spawned from the jump a couple of weeks ago-when this all started- and after 15 mins it drove fine (except reverse) and no message, and took it to the shop. They checked fluid and this time it was a little low. Reverse was fine at that point and they told me to come back if there were problems as they were busy until wednesday. A friend and I took for a drive, and it seemed to slip a little bit (to my friend, seemed fine to me) but when parked the reverse issue was back. We took it back to the shop and all the mechanics gathered round with sad faces as we do fear the worst....
So strange that there was no sign/symptoms of tranny problems before that fateful jump!
I will update you later in the week...and thanks everyone for your concern and taking the time to write on this thread, it's much appreciated.
A sad pedestrian,
joanne